Friday, September 26, 2008

Daddy's Girl



Growing up, I was a complete daddy's girl. In my eyes, my dad could do no wrong and whatever he said was gold. I always remember his kisses. I loved his smell, his whiskers, his rough skin but most of all, I loved the way he made me feel. It's moments like the picture above that I know are building in Kate's heart too. She will one day realize the amazing father she has been given. It is a gift to watch the two of them knowing the important role Brent will play in her life. He's the one who will tell her she is beautiful and she believes it. He's the one who will tell her she can do anything she wants and she believes it. He's the one who tells her she deserves only the best and she listens.

only a father's love...
think I'll go call my dad.

4 comments:

Melissa Terry said...

How precious! I love it.

What I'm most excited about is that they still make footed pajames for 16 mo. olds, because I think my little man will be wearing those until he begs me for some pajama man-wear :)

The Durham's said...

This is priceless!

Mom said...

How proud!!!! I was a Daddy's girl. I am so proud that my daughter is one too. Not a better feeling in the world that to have you Daddy's approval & love. I had mines'!!! But you will also learn as you come close to loosing your Mom, she is your soul & the person who you were closer to than anyone in the world.

A2 Garcia said...

Wow! That just made me cry!! I never had that in my life...Kate is a very lucky girl!