Thursday, July 9, 2009

Chicken Fried Brown Rice

I talked about this dish several months ago, but am just now making it. It's Chicken Fried Rice but with brown rice. I REALLY liked it. I will for sure be making this again. For the vegetables, I used red bell peppers, edamame, corn, broccoli, and green peas, but you could use whatever your family likes.



































Ingredients

  • 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon canola oil, divided
  • 2 large cloves garlic, minced
  • 4 scallions, greens included, rinsed, trimmed and thinly sliced
  • 1 tablespoon minced ginger
  • 4 cups cooked brown rice
  • 3/4 cup finely diced red pepper
  • 3/4 cup cooked, shelled edamame
  • 1/2 cup fresh or frozen, thawed, corn
  • 6 ounces firm tofu, cut into 1/4-inch cubes (I used chicken)
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce

Directions

Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok or large skillet until very hot. Add the garlic, scallions and ginger and cook, stirring, until softened and aromatic, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the rice, red pepper, edamame, corn and tofu and cook, stirring, until heated through, about 5 minutes. Make a 3-inch well in the center of the rice mixture. Add 1 teaspoon of canola oil, then add the eggs and cook until nearly fully scrambled. Stir the eggs into the rice mixture, then add soy sauce and incorporate thoroughly. Serve hot.



3 comments:

The Durham's said...

MMMMM! That looks delightful! Yes, I will have some:) (j/k) I just really wanted to tell you that you are a precious, precious woman of God and I love ya!

Rachael said...

So you are sending me this recipe, right?

Sara said...

Is this supposed to be a joke?? You post these beautiful and delicious looking pics, but no recipe! Your readers are demanding a recipe. ;)