Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Timeout.

Kate is now 21 months old and so much of her little personality is shining through. Everyday I watch her explore life and all it's joys. She is one of the most outgoing children I've seen. Her vocabulary amazes Brent and me and every new word usually brings a chuckle to us. She repeats everything - both good and bad! We have discovered that apparently when we change her diapers, we comment, "Oh Gosh" (referring to the mess inside) because she now says, "Oh Josh" when we change her diaper. It's so funny. She can also recite her ABC's and count to 10. Kate is holding steady in the 50th percentile for both height and weight. We imagine we will be embarking on the potty training soon but I plan to wait as long as possible. She does tell me now when she needs to poo-poo but I'm not ready to deal with "that" in public environments. I have issues with public restrooms and lugging my 2 yr. old into one is just not something I'm ready for. Well as with all these wonderful milestones, we have reached a milestone for independence. Now don't get me wrong, Kate has the sweetest heart and has always been the BEST and EASIEST baby, even in womb (never threw up once!), but we have seen some new attitudes that have made us do a few double takes. That's why we have implemented the following disciplinary tool. Works great and more importantly, looks cute. ;)















Before



















After: Much classier. ;)

5 comments:

Melissa Terry said...

Only you could make "time out" sassy.

p.s. I'm having company for dinner and was just thinking "ahh! I need a Stephanie intervention!"

Sarah Wronko said...

parenting is defintely not for the faint of heart. Hang in there girl you are doing an awesome job! Love you!

The Durham's said...

Ok, I kindof want to throw up at how cute you just made a stinkin' time out! Don't show my kids, okay, because they will totally realize that they got RIPPED!! You are too precious and so is that sweet Kate;) There is a reason the Lord tells us to teach morning, night, walking down the road, etc.....because those little sweeties are always changing, learning and "attempting" so we have to be one step ahead:) I loved this age: molding and directing all that God gave them....what a job:):) Can't wait to hang out again:)

Team Harry said...

Much Classier!!

I'm glad you are waiting to Potty Train until she is ready. Forcing it on her to early will just lead to a lot of messes to clean up!!

Becky said...

how awesome is that chair?! love.it! where did you get it?!?! and girl, I totally understand where you are coming from... this age is definitely eye opening! :)